Thursday, November 18, 2010
2. Tonight we are having a Thanksgiving Dinner Party. Jay made 4 pumpkin pies last night while I did the Turkey and Dressing. and by 'did' I mean ordered from Honey Baked Ham.
3. I get to see my whole family this weekend! My cousin, is getting married and I am super excited to have another girl in the family as most all my cousins are boys. It just so happens she is also one of the sweetest and cutest girls ever. Perfect for my cousin!
4. I got a new dress ($60 from White House Black Market on major sale cause I'm awesome) and Jay got a new suit (definitely not $60) for the occasion and he looks so nice and skinny too !! He continues to lift paper clips weekly and cut back on food intake and looses 10lbs/week. I continue to run 4 miles a day, eat salad only and loose 1 lb/quarter. JK, kinda.
5. Thanksgiving is in a week!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to go to the Ranch as it has been over a year since we have been (very unusual) but when you move to Houston and the ranch is 2 hrs NORTH of Amarillo, and you must use car, plane, another car horse and buggy to get there (or drive 13 hrs AND STILL BE IN TX) it makes it hard. I just hope that this time someone takes the gun away from the crazy uncle that's had a few too many after dinner. But if not I might end up on dateline special. The Day After Thanksgiving: A Texas Mystery. So that would be cool.
5. Christmas shopping, seeing the Nutcracker, Sunday School Christmas Party, Office Christmas Party, Christmas Light Driving with Hot Chocolate, Apartment present wrapping party, cutting down a Christmas Tree, and of course CHRISTMAS MUSIC is all around the corner. (although my mom has been playing Christmas music since I last visited her...for the Tech Baylor Game....)
6. The bible study I go to just finished our book on Ruth last night. I LOVED IT! A few take aways: It has me thinking often about giving 100% when I don't feel like it and that it's ok to pray for 'willingness to be willing' if you are not at that place. It might sound crazy but it really does work! Also, I want the legacy I leave behind to be based on making the choices God wants and not what I think is best, or most economical or what the world would tell me is best.
7. Prayers needed for my sweet friend and old mission trip buddy, Laura McDonald and her beautiful 6 month old baby girl. Laura's husband Johnathan was killed this week while working as a police officer around Post. My heart so hurts for her and I literally have been thinking about her constantly. I just can't imagine what she is going through but I am so thankful that we know where Johnathan is and that God knows what she is going through and will carry her.
Monday, November 8, 2010
2. If you elect to take the shuttle to and fro a wedding reception and carry a very small clutch, do not let your husband bring your rent car keys. You will have a good time. BUT You will not remember to pick up your keys along with your clutch as you leave. And then next morning you will have to take a taxi back to the reception spot, break in because it is closed and shift through their trash in the dark because their light switches are crazy electronic ones. The chances of you finding them will be slim to none.
3. The cost for a taxi to wait for you to sift through trash is $35. The cost to replace the key to a 2009 Nissan versa is $375. plus towing. And a ‘lost key’ fee. Oh and then you have to take a taxi to the airport. For a grand total of a billion dollars.
4. Jay and I will now be making each others Christmas presents.
Nothing says style and holiday spirit like some Marshmallow Snowmen
Jay wants a new set of golf clubs. I'm he will see a real difference in his swing with these.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
1. Banana Love
6. Lovely People Piper Bootie
I have to say the main fad I am currently having trouble with (besides tights and open toe heels) is the Jeggins. Or as my husband would say 'Jeanageens'. I hear they are comfy so maybe I should give them a try but J HATES them. In his defense the first pair he saw were the tightest pants I have ever seen. He literally was freaking out cause he thought he was seeing one of those painted ladies they have at fancy Vegas shows and Playboy mansion parties....but we were at Thai Cottage. I had to continually assure him they were Jeggings. And that Jeggings are pants. And OH MY GOSH THEY ARE JEGGINS NOT JEANAGEENS JUST STOP TALKING HUSBAND.
I honestly thought the girl was stylish enough to kinda pull it off. You know the type, you would NEVER wear it but you could she how she thought it worked and clearly makes bold statements like this often. But they were to tight.
On our drive home Jay made me promise to never purchase a pair"Jeanageens" Little does he know that's impossible. CAUSE THAT'S NOT A REAL THING.
Friday, October 29, 2010
After flyering 300 doors and then finding our little mistake I said, hey I know God can work in mysterious ways so a freggin' Party Party it is...
LOOK WHAT I DID! Complete with list and duties assigned. No changes allowed.
And he said ok. cause that's how marriage works. Ok not really. Ok really not really with Jay but that is a story for another time titled 'the necessity of warming your pancake syrup for your party guests...and how crazy a man can get when his woman buys syrup too big to fit in the microwave'. Luckily this time he was feeling a bit uninspired and I knew it so I took advantage of him. cause that is how marriage really works.
So for any of you interested out there I give you a few highlights from my proposed Awesome Halloween Party Party Food:
1.Spooky Spider's Nest: Spider Web 7-Layer Dip
Friday, October 22, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
OUR OFFICE CABINETS
I know I know, how do I do it? Oh wait, you are literally asking how do I work in my office without at chair? Well, I don't. I have been looking for the perfect $3 chair to spruce up (read: I am cheap) but I have been looking for, oh about 16 months and I remember going to goodwill once with no luck. How do all these ladies find such deals and places to find such deals?
Let me show you where everything came from cause I know you are dying.
1.) Silver frame was actually a wedding present and is really pretty and my only legit fancy frame not from TJ max clearance shelf. It has a pic of Jay and I at our wedding rehearsal or as I refer to it our "skinny picture". Which is fun to look at but when someone you met more recently comes over and takes a look I know they are thinking....whoa my how things have changed. Luckily mission 'get back to wedding weight before the next big family wedding in November' has been in full force for a few months now and we are almost there!! Why are the last three lbs always the hardest? And why is it my husband able to bench press a paper clip twice a week and still loose 5 lbs?
2.) Its tragic that I don't have a closer shot but next to the frame is a painted rock that says Texas Tech Rocks. Its a wonder I haven't thrown it at the TV this season but we haven't really watched any games at home.
3.)Paper Organizer Tray Potter Barn wedding present from my Boss.
4.) Really slow computer cause it has all sorts of Auto CAD programs cause my husband spent 6 years in school for Landscape architecture. His job in Medical Sales/Management is going just fine thank you for asking.
5.) I had to include the open cabinets because they are newly organized! Cause I am awesome. Organizing boxes are from IKEA and are too big so the doors don't shut all the way but I had them when I moved in and did I mention I am cheap so I decided to just think like Tim Gunn.
5. Yes my dell that died 1 year and 2 days after I bought it is up in the top corner. Don't ask. Why? Cause I just explained.
So I promise the rest of my house does not look like a dorm room and maybe someday I can get my husband to remove the junk from his computer so it doesn't take me thru Sister Act I and II to get a single picture uploaded but clearly he needs that Auto CAD so I hate to ask for such a sacrifice.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Oh Cowboys, my grandfather Big Daddy would roll over in his grave if I ever spoke ill of you or cheered against you. However, I have never been closer than when you played the Texans whom I have grown to love over the last 4 yrs (half of thier existance so I think that makes me a pretty legit fan). You just make it so hard with your crazy overpriced tickets and your consistant
Friday, September 17, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
So back to the real real world....
Sunday night at 8:00pm Jay and I returned from a PERFECT 9 day vacation and getting up for work on Monday morning was brutal. Then stepping on the scale to asses the damage was more brutal then showing up to work with a weeks worth of work piled up and a full week ahead was most brutal. Once I get back on central time so that waking up at 5:30am doesn't feel like 3:30am, I will be sure to have posts full of trip pics cause everyone loves to look at how much fun someone else got to have, right? Besides this is the first actual newsworthy event I have had to blog about since I started this thing!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
1. ‘Husband comes home’
I have to admit he does kinda look like Jay but as I look more I am really confused…Did she shave her own head and if so why, and why is she mad at him for not liking it? So clearly he does not have a thing for Mr. Clean-and that’s a good think by the way. Does he have growths all over his face and arms? Is that a tucked in t-shirt?!
I don’t even know what to say here.
3. It is now clear I need to be more specific with my search. What about ‘Husband Home from work trip’
Thursday, August 12, 2010
- I am hungry. A lot. The hubby and I have been trying to get down to pre marriage weight and it's no fun. Little did I know when I was a 5'10" 4th grader being called the jolly green giant by the school bully Bubba Owens that I would appreciate that height when I gained a few lbs in my 20ies and you really couldn't tell. However, those "few lbs" have turned in to more than a few and now I wish I was about 6'4".
- I still have not picked the pictures for my wedding album. It's been 14 months.
- Jay and I went to Costco last weekend to get him some new jeans. Don't laugh because no starched Levis here, last time we were there they had sevens for guys! Wait is it even funnier that we were excited about that? Bad news, they were out but they had them for girls! $62.50 later I had me some fall jeans. You know cause its like 98 degrees out. (where is the degrees sign on the computer so I don't have to keep typing it out?)
- I HATE when people bad mouth Houston and it happens often. Usually they have never been here or spend about 1 day in August here for a trip to Astroworld (now closed). Well let me tell you something, we didn't get 2.3 million residents in the city (6 mill counting surrounding cities) by being a crappy place to live. Yes 2-3 months out of the year the weather is rough no doubt but hey I work during the day. And guess what, Dallas has basically the same weather but hotter temps and a bit less humidity (8% difference on ave annually but when you are looking at 80% humidity whats another 8%) but I'm not going to stoop to the level of badmouthing other peoples towns because then I can't complain about people doing that to me. There is so much to do, see, eat (obviously I have discovered that), a great mix of native good ole boys and interesting, friendly foreigners, great jobs, great churches, great spring, great fall, great winter, AND its home. SO LOCK IT UP HATERS. :)
- I have no idea what to pack for our trip cause its like high in the low 60ies!! YAY!
- My work buddy quit. Now the closest woman my age is probably 10 yrs older and not a talker like my current work buddy :( Goodbye work Ashley, I hope you and Edgar have a wonderful life together as I will with Baxter, I mean Jay.
IT'S THE WEEKEND!!
(ps. I warned you of the randomness)
Friday, August 6, 2010
And then you get to decorate one of these...
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
This is Baxter, can you see the shame?
Perhaps this is a misdiagnosis or even a totally new disorder I have discovered because Baxter pulled out my eyelashes, not his own. This morning I was doing my normal put make up on in front of the TV. Just after clamping down my eyelash curler out of nowhere he jumped and attacked my ankles causing me to rip every last eyelash out. Did it hurt? Not even. I was so in shock. Then I looked down at my curler and literally became nauseous because ALL of my eyelashes were still in the curler in a nice straight little row. Jay was working out downstairs so all I could do was cry, and call my mom. She then assured me they would grow back but I knew I still had to discipline my cat.
An that's how I cured my cat of Trichotillomaniaing people.
Note-I did not really break his arm, wait leg? This pic was back in 2008 and although funny to look at I spent about $1,000 just to ensure he didn't have to walk with a limp. Now I wish he did have a limp cause I could probably have heard him coming.
Friday, July 30, 2010
I got in trouble by a superior this week (why does that word have super in it? plenty of superiors are not super. Maybe I'm just misspelling it which you will find is a big possibility as you continue reading my blog). The thing is we were 15 minutes into the 20 minute lecture until realizing that I was in trouble due to Mr. Superiors extremely heavy accent and penchant for nervous laughter. So here I am thinking we are having a good old conversation and bonus cause he thinks I am really funny although all I have said nothing when he starts getting louder and louder and a bit red.
That's the last I really remember because I am good at blocking out tragic events in my life. That is also why I don't remember much of 8th grade.
The next day I come to work to discover a "Trojan" on my computer. So most of my Tuesday morning looked like Horatios...
(Ah a classic)
And the whole time I am thinking oh no they are now going to do an audit of all the stuff I have ever looked at on my computer ever to see where it came from and I can't recall but I am pretty sure my bff Perez Hilton is not actually on the list of approved sites to visit considering I work in finance and not for TMZ.
Then a meeting I busted my butt for got cancelled 10 min beforehand, then my superior told his superior of his issues with me,then I found out my friends had a party and didn't invite me (ok they live in Lubbock and I live in Houston but I am still sad because I miss them), and then I lost ten dollars(ok not really on the 10 dollars). So now that I have depressed myself all over again by reminiscing I am moving on with my life. I am heading to Dallas to see my Mama and she will listen to me wine about my problems as much as I want and then she will say well that idiot guy doesn't he know you hung the moon? And then she will take me to six flags for a pink thing and if you don't know what that is you haven't truly lived.
Oh and the silly junk described above is nothing. Especially compared to the Anderson's week. Randy and Kathy Anderson were our sunday school teacher in college and his precious son has been fighting a terrible infection all week and has already been labeled a miracle boy for all he has come through-Thanks to Jesus! Please keep them in your prayers as it seems they still have a long road ahead.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
I have been a closet blog stalker for at least a year (probably more but I would have to ask Ashley when I admitted it to her and then add 6 more months so maybe more like 2 years).
It was wasn't too long after getting married and about the hundredth story of, ‘I have this friend and they recently bought this awesome house or told me this hilarious story or had a great idea” that Jay realized I don’t have that many friends and started to ask who the heck I was talking about. It was then I had to sheepishly say ok well I read it on this blog. And he was all like whose blog? And then I was all NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (because I felt stupid). For a while he made fun of me then he told me I should start my own. I knew that was just impossible cause then I would have to think of a name.
I firmly believe there are two kind of people in this world: 1.)Bloggers and 2.)Those who try over and over again to start a blog but become paralyzed by the thought of trying to create a blog title that is equal parts funny, inspirational, clever, provides the cure to cancer and rhymes with your last name of Hosefenctor.
So I am making the jump from the latter to a blogger. Below shows a peek into my blog name brainstorm that went on for 6 months (thank u 4th grade writing TAAS test prep for such important life skills like the brainstorm, an introduction, conclusion and how to never start a sentence with the word ‘and’):
1. Class clown the lady found
Jay being the class clown and I the lady but Jay didn’t get it and although I was impressed with my rhyming skills I’m not really that much of a lady.
2. Daniel Days
Just fine but taken. Like all forms. But blogger did suggest ‘kylee-danieldays’ AND ‘danieldays-kylee’ which does have such wonderful ring to it so thanks for that
3. Better off Wed
MY FAVORITE but taken by some girl I don’t know who is hilarious. Don’t ask me how I know. Cause I don’t know her and I don’t read peoples blog I don’t know cause that would just be embarrassing.
4. Definitely the Daniels
Good but puts an ‘s’ at the end of Daniel and in normal life that’s not how it should be and apparently it is like the thorn in the side of all Daniel families everywhere. I have been a Daniel for only 1 year I already understand it’s my cross to bear. Plus I hate the word definitely (and condiments but the word plantations is super fun to say)
5. The Daniel Duo
It was pretty much the first thing Jay suggested after hearing my sad excuse for a brainstorm list.
And that’s how I came to my conclusion.
*Disclaimer: Just cause I started a blog does NOT indicate anything new or exciting happening in my life now or in the near future. That includes babies, moving to a certain “hub city”, and/or buying a house. But we did just use craigslist for the first time to get 2 rocking chairs. So buckle up because clearly it’s gonna be a wild blog!