Monday, October 4, 2010

FALLen' in Love






















You see how I did that? I'm so clever with the Fall and Love and fallen stuff. This post is dedicated to Fall and what I am excited about this year!!!




1. STEW - my mom makes the best stew and we are going to Dallas for the Tech game and she has promised to make it for me!!

I also bought all the ingreedients to make it not knowing she was already planning to make it so now my modivation for trying to make it on my own is gone but i have $9 of meat in my fridge to make it...Who will win?! my lazyness or my love of stew. I will let you know. Heck, i might get crazy and post a recepie. Gasp, but I would feel like a fraud considering its like the 3rd thing I have ever made in 15 months of marriage. Heck, in 25 years of life.

2. Football

Wrecked Tech- Yeah whateve I know support your team no matter what, move on from Leach blah blah. Well guess what, I was born and raised in Lubbock, went to jr high with Coach Leach's daughter, went to and graduated from Tech at the peak of the crazy awesome Leach era. I saw the rise and fall and the fall still hurts. I am more sad for all us wonderful Tech fans out there who had their joy stolen by some greedy power hungry idiots (take your pick, meyers, hance, craig james, adam james....). I can't help the what if's of what our record could have been this year and what if i had driven all the way to lbk for a win against Texas and what if I wasn't shaking in my boots that I paid money to go see us play Baylor. Does that make me less of a Red Raider? NO. I bleed Red and Black. It just hurts to right now and I'm not going to pretend it doesn't or that I don't doubt this Tuby guy. He knew what he was getting himself into. He has to earn my love just like Leach did. Oh and this is my blog so I can think and say what I want. So there.


Oh Cowboys, my grandfather Big Daddy would roll over in his grave if I ever spoke ill of you or cheered against you. However, I have never been closer than when you played the Texans whom I have grown to love over the last 4 yrs (half of thier existance so I think that makes me a pretty legit fan). You just make it so hard with your crazy overpriced tickets and your consistant
inconsistancy(ha). It will be a lifelong battle to love you but I will never give up on you. For better or for worse.

3. Weather - I have already said my peace about Houston weather so I am loving it so much I ran 4 miles and walked three on Saturday. YEAH, bout that. I don't really do that FYI, but it was just so perfect I wanted to keep going. Although it isn't always a super drastic change of color, there are trees here to admire too....

4. This year we have a few fall weddings which are soooo beautiful. I often thought that had I not had to wait on Jay for 9+ yrs to get married, I would have held out 4 more months to do a fall wedding. I stand firm in the belief that the look of sanity on my sweaty face that blistering hot and windy June day was more beautiful than anythink I might have mustered up after waiting one more second to tie the knot no matter how may cornicopias of wheat bouquets and huntergreen bridesmaid dresses, orange yellow and burgundee flowers I could have hid behind.





5. Halloween! Last year Jay and I were John and Kate plus 8. Renting 6 kids is EXPENSIVE. Ok not really I made kids out of cardboard. Then I ended up in the church quarterly mailout and you couldn't really tell it was a costume. I just looked like a mom, it was scary. Where do we go? Oh Second Baptist Houston, it's not like its one of the biggest churches in Houston or anything... but even more awesome was my friend in the picture who was a positive pregnancy test. Case of double mistaken identity. A mom and a nurse? No. Kate Gosslin and a positive pregnancy test. This year I asked Jay if he would be Snookie and I could tell he legitimately thought it over. And thats why have FALLen in love with him. (Yeah I know, but corn is fallish too.) (Okay I really promise to now stop with the lame jokes)

1 comment:

  1. You should make stew and invite your lovely friends over to eat it with you? YA! YA! YA!!!


    Also, Nick REALLY wants to be Vinny and Me be Snookie for Halloween. The funniest part about that is well, we will most likely have a kid by that time and well... we have never dressed up for Halloween in the 4 years we have been together. Funny Kid!

    ReplyDelete