Tuesday, August 31, 2010
So back to the real real world....
Sunday night at 8:00pm Jay and I returned from a PERFECT 9 day vacation and getting up for work on Monday morning was brutal. Then stepping on the scale to asses the damage was more brutal then showing up to work with a weeks worth of work piled up and a full week ahead was most brutal. Once I get back on central time so that waking up at 5:30am doesn't feel like 3:30am, I will be sure to have posts full of trip pics cause everyone loves to look at how much fun someone else got to have, right? Besides this is the first actual newsworthy event I have had to blog about since I started this thing!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
1. ‘Husband comes home’
I have to admit he does kinda look like Jay but as I look more I am really confused…Did she shave her own head and if so why, and why is she mad at him for not liking it? So clearly he does not have a thing for Mr. Clean-and that’s a good think by the way. Does he have growths all over his face and arms? Is that a tucked in t-shirt?!
I don’t even know what to say here.
3. It is now clear I need to be more specific with my search. What about ‘Husband Home from work trip’
Thursday, August 12, 2010
- I am hungry. A lot. The hubby and I have been trying to get down to pre marriage weight and it's no fun. Little did I know when I was a 5'10" 4th grader being called the jolly green giant by the school bully Bubba Owens that I would appreciate that height when I gained a few lbs in my 20ies and you really couldn't tell. However, those "few lbs" have turned in to more than a few and now I wish I was about 6'4".
- I still have not picked the pictures for my wedding album. It's been 14 months.
- Jay and I went to Costco last weekend to get him some new jeans. Don't laugh because no starched Levis here, last time we were there they had sevens for guys! Wait is it even funnier that we were excited about that? Bad news, they were out but they had them for girls! $62.50 later I had me some fall jeans. You know cause its like 98 degrees out. (where is the degrees sign on the computer so I don't have to keep typing it out?)
- I HATE when people bad mouth Houston and it happens often. Usually they have never been here or spend about 1 day in August here for a trip to Astroworld (now closed). Well let me tell you something, we didn't get 2.3 million residents in the city (6 mill counting surrounding cities) by being a crappy place to live. Yes 2-3 months out of the year the weather is rough no doubt but hey I work during the day. And guess what, Dallas has basically the same weather but hotter temps and a bit less humidity (8% difference on ave annually but when you are looking at 80% humidity whats another 8%) but I'm not going to stoop to the level of badmouthing other peoples towns because then I can't complain about people doing that to me. There is so much to do, see, eat (obviously I have discovered that), a great mix of native good ole boys and interesting, friendly foreigners, great jobs, great churches, great spring, great fall, great winter, AND its home. SO LOCK IT UP HATERS. :)
- I have no idea what to pack for our trip cause its like high in the low 60ies!! YAY!
- My work buddy quit. Now the closest woman my age is probably 10 yrs older and not a talker like my current work buddy :( Goodbye work Ashley, I hope you and Edgar have a wonderful life together as I will with Baxter, I mean Jay.
IT'S THE WEEKEND!!
(ps. I warned you of the randomness)
Friday, August 6, 2010
And then you get to decorate one of these...
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
This is Baxter, can you see the shame?
Perhaps this is a misdiagnosis or even a totally new disorder I have discovered because Baxter pulled out my eyelashes, not his own. This morning I was doing my normal put make up on in front of the TV. Just after clamping down my eyelash curler out of nowhere he jumped and attacked my ankles causing me to rip every last eyelash out. Did it hurt? Not even. I was so in shock. Then I looked down at my curler and literally became nauseous because ALL of my eyelashes were still in the curler in a nice straight little row. Jay was working out downstairs so all I could do was cry, and call my mom. She then assured me they would grow back but I knew I still had to discipline my cat.
An that's how I cured my cat of Trichotillomaniaing people.
Note-I did not really break his arm, wait leg? This pic was back in 2008 and although funny to look at I spent about $1,000 just to ensure he didn't have to walk with a limp. Now I wish he did have a limp cause I could probably have heard him coming.