Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not to be confused with Trichomoniasis...but it's still no treat

Trichotillomania (TTM, also known as trichotillosis,[1] or more commonly as trich) is defined as "hair loss from a patient's repetitive self-pulling of hair"[2] and is characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, facial hair, nose hair, eyebrows or other body hair, sometimes resulting in noticeable bald patches.[3] Trichotillomania is classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) as an impulse control disorder, or an obsessive–compulsive disorder.


So I don't have this and I know it's a real thing so I don't want to make fun because goodness knows I have had plenty of experience with people who lean toward other types of OCD (aheem, JAY) but I think my cat has Trichotillomania.

This is Baxter, can you see the shame?



Perhaps this is a misdiagnosis or even a totally new disorder I have discovered because Baxter pulled out my eyelashes, not his own. This morning I was doing my normal put make up on in front of the TV. Just after clamping down my eyelash curler out of nowhere he jumped and attacked my ankles causing me to rip every last eyelash out. Did it hurt? Not even. I was so in shock. Then I looked down at my curler and literally became nauseous because ALL of my eyelashes were still in the curler in a nice straight little row. Jay was working out downstairs so all I could do was cry, and call my mom. She then assured me they would grow back but I knew I still had to discipline my cat.
An that's how I cured my cat of Trichotillomaniaing people.


Note-I did not really break his arm, wait leg? This pic was back in 2008 and although funny to look at I spent about $1,000 just to ensure he didn't have to walk with a limp. Now I wish he did have a limp cause I could probably have heard him coming.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! No! Not your eyelashes! That's horrible!

    ReplyDelete