Thursday, August 12, 2010

RANDOM Ramblings...


  • I am hungry. A lot. The hubby and I have been trying to get down to pre marriage weight and it's no fun. Little did I know when I was a 5'10" 4th grader being called the jolly green giant by the school bully Bubba Owens that I would appreciate that height when I gained a few lbs in my 20ies and you really couldn't tell. However, those "few lbs" have turned in to more than a few and now I wish I was about 6'4".

  • I still have not picked the pictures for my wedding album. It's been 14 months.

  • Jay and I went to Costco last weekend to get him some new jeans. Don't laugh because no starched Levis here, last time we were there they had sevens for guys! Wait is it even funnier that we were excited about that? Bad news, they were out but they had them for girls! $62.50 later I had me some fall jeans. You know cause its like 98 degrees out. (where is the degrees sign on the computer so I don't have to keep typing it out?)

  • I HATE when people bad mouth Houston and it happens often. Usually they have never been here or spend about 1 day in August here for a trip to Astroworld (now closed). Well let me tell you something, we didn't get 2.3 million residents in the city (6 mill counting surrounding cities) by being a crappy place to live. Yes 2-3 months out of the year the weather is rough no doubt but hey I work during the day. And guess what, Dallas has basically the same weather but hotter temps and a bit less humidity (8% difference on ave annually but when you are looking at 80% humidity whats another 8%) but I'm not going to stoop to the level of badmouthing other peoples towns because then I can't complain about people doing that to me. There is so much to do, see, eat (obviously I have discovered that), a great mix of native good ole boys and interesting, friendly foreigners, great jobs, great churches, great spring, great fall, great winter, AND its home. SO LOCK IT UP HATERS. :)

  • I have no idea what to pack for our trip cause its like high in the low 60ies!! YAY!

  • My work buddy quit. Now the closest woman my age is probably 10 yrs older and not a talker like my current work buddy :( Goodbye work Ashley, I hope you and Edgar have a wonderful life together as I will with Baxter, I mean Jay.

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!

(ps. I warned you of the randomness)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love your randomness! And your thought-process on the previous post...so true! Happy 10 years of being together! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you have a blog, I love it! Let me just say, if we had a costco here I would be headed that way right now...

    ReplyDelete