1. We went and ate at a new place called Jus' Mac a week ago. It only serves mac n cheese and was so good. Yesterday for lunch I had some leftovers. I like to think I have an iron stomach and I hate when things go to waste (have I mentioned before I am cheap) so I figured almost a week old is no big deal....well....I found out this morning....all morning....it is. And my office could not be further from the bathroom and I was late for an early morning meeting cause as I was walking out the door to the apartment and thought, hu, my stomach kinda hurts.....20 min later I left the apartment. But how exactly do I explain to my boss I was late cause jus' mac and I ran 4 miles this morning and bad things happened and oh excuse me for a second, I will be right back....do you mind if I work in the cubical at the end of the hall next to the bathroom today? So for lunch today I will be going home and throwing the rest of it away. Probably along with the chicken fettuccine from Sunday and the Fajita meat from Saturday.... clearly we have an over ordering problem and the side effects are brutal. Sorry, TMI I know. Please keep reading, it gets much better, and not gross.
2. Tonight we are having a Thanksgiving Dinner Party. Jay made 4 pumpkin pies last night while I did the Turkey and Dressing. and by 'did' I mean ordered from Honey Baked Ham.
3. I get to see my whole family this weekend! My cousin, is getting married and I am super excited to have another girl in the family as most all my cousins are boys. It just so happens she is also one of the sweetest and cutest girls ever. Perfect for my cousin!
4. I got a new dress ($60 from White House Black Market on major sale cause I'm awesome) and Jay got a new suit (definitely not $60) for the occasion and he looks so nice and skinny too !! He continues to lift paper clips weekly and cut back on food intake and looses 10lbs/week. I continue to run 4 miles a day, eat salad only and loose 1 lb/quarter. JK, kinda.
5. Thanksgiving is in a week!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to go to the Ranch as it has been over a year since we have been (very unusual) but when you move to Houston and the ranch is 2 hrs NORTH of Amarillo, and you must use car, plane, another car horse and buggy to get there (or drive 13 hrs AND STILL BE IN TX) it makes it hard. I just hope that this time someone takes the gun away from the crazy uncle that's had a few too many after dinner. But if not I might end up on dateline special. The Day After Thanksgiving: A Texas Mystery. So that would be cool.
5. Christmas shopping, seeing the Nutcracker, Sunday School Christmas Party, Office Christmas Party, Christmas Light Driving with Hot Chocolate, Apartment present wrapping party, cutting down a Christmas Tree, and of course CHRISTMAS MUSIC is all around the corner. (although my mom has been playing Christmas music since I last visited her...for the Tech Baylor Game....)
6. The bible study I go to just finished our book on Ruth last night. I LOVED IT! A few take aways: It has me thinking often about giving 100% when I don't feel like it and that it's ok to pray for 'willingness to be willing' if you are not at that place. It might sound crazy but it really does work! Also, I want the legacy I leave behind to be based on making the choices God wants and not what I think is best, or most economical or what the world would tell me is best.
7. Prayers needed for my sweet friend and old mission trip buddy, Laura McDonald and her beautiful 6 month old baby girl. Laura's husband Johnathan was killed this week while working as a police officer around Post. My heart so hurts for her and I literally have been thinking about her constantly. I just can't imagine what she is going through but I am so thankful that we know where Johnathan is and that God knows what she is going through and will carry her.