Monday, October 18, 2010

Show us Your Life: Office

Ok so over at Kelly's Korner she does "Show us Your Life" post and I have always wanted to participate but last year I didn't have a blog. This year she started over with rooms in your home and I got super excited to participate but then I realized I hate the IPAD and can't upload pics so the weeks have gone by and I have already missed dining room and living room so maybe one day I will just do one big post showcasing my mediocre decorating skills and all my white walls cause I am lazy and we rent so I don't want to paint and have to repaint and even more awesome I am cheap so I'm not paying anyone else to paint something that I will probably grow to hate 3 months later because I have that pesky gene known as CHRONIC INDECISIVENESS. Thanks mom. So now that I have you all pumped up and on the edge of your seats about all the inspiration I have hiding in my apartment, today will be a teaser of how wonderfully talented I am because today is "Show us Your Office" (okay Friday was, whatev.) and I did figure out how to email myself pictures off my IPhone so I feel kinda bad cause I'm totally gonna show Jessica up when it comes to photography skills (sorry girl but don't worry I can help you out sometime). LADIES AND GENTS......

OUR OFFICE

OUR OFFICE CABINETS

I know I know, how do I do it? Oh wait, you are literally asking how do I work in my office without at chair? Well, I don't. I have been looking for the perfect $3 chair to spruce up (read: I am cheap) but I have been looking for, oh about 16 months and I remember going to goodwill once with no luck. How do all these ladies find such deals and places to find such deals?

Let me show you where everything came from cause I know you are dying.

1.) Silver frame was actually a wedding present and is really pretty and my only legit fancy frame not from TJ max clearance shelf. It has a pic of Jay and I at our wedding rehearsal or as I refer to it our "skinny picture". Which is fun to look at but when someone you met more recently comes over and takes a look I know they are thinking....whoa my how things have changed. Luckily mission 'get back to wedding weight before the next big family wedding in November' has been in full force for a few months now and we are almost there!! Why are the last three lbs always the hardest? And why is it my husband able to bench press a paper clip twice a week and still loose 5 lbs?

2.) Its tragic that I don't have a closer shot but next to the frame is a painted rock that says Texas Tech Rocks. Its a wonder I haven't thrown it at the TV this season but we haven't really watched any games at home.

3.)Paper Organizer Tray Potter Barn wedding present from my Boss.

4.) Really slow computer cause it has all sorts of Auto CAD programs cause my husband spent 6 years in school for Landscape architecture. His job in Medical Sales/Management is going just fine thank you for asking.

5.) I had to include the open cabinets because they are newly organized! Cause I am awesome. Organizing boxes are from IKEA and are too big so the doors don't shut all the way but I had them when I moved in and did I mention I am cheap so I decided to just think like Tim Gunn.

5. Yes my dell that died 1 year and 2 days after I bought it is up in the top corner. Don't ask. Why? Cause I just explained.

So I promise the rest of my house does not look like a dorm room and maybe someday I can get my husband to remove the junk from his computer so it doesn't take me thru Sister Act I and II to get a single picture uploaded but clearly he needs that Auto CAD so I hate to ask for such a sacrifice.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wall cabinets. A great use of space. Good luck on your search for the $3 chair. I know it's out there.

    ReplyDelete