Thursday, November 18, 2010
2. Tonight we are having a Thanksgiving Dinner Party. Jay made 4 pumpkin pies last night while I did the Turkey and Dressing. and by 'did' I mean ordered from Honey Baked Ham.
3. I get to see my whole family this weekend! My cousin, is getting married and I am super excited to have another girl in the family as most all my cousins are boys. It just so happens she is also one of the sweetest and cutest girls ever. Perfect for my cousin!
4. I got a new dress ($60 from White House Black Market on major sale cause I'm awesome) and Jay got a new suit (definitely not $60) for the occasion and he looks so nice and skinny too !! He continues to lift paper clips weekly and cut back on food intake and looses 10lbs/week. I continue to run 4 miles a day, eat salad only and loose 1 lb/quarter. JK, kinda.
5. Thanksgiving is in a week!!! I am sooooooooooo excited to go to the Ranch as it has been over a year since we have been (very unusual) but when you move to Houston and the ranch is 2 hrs NORTH of Amarillo, and you must use car, plane, another car horse and buggy to get there (or drive 13 hrs AND STILL BE IN TX) it makes it hard. I just hope that this time someone takes the gun away from the crazy uncle that's had a few too many after dinner. But if not I might end up on dateline special. The Day After Thanksgiving: A Texas Mystery. So that would be cool.
5. Christmas shopping, seeing the Nutcracker, Sunday School Christmas Party, Office Christmas Party, Christmas Light Driving with Hot Chocolate, Apartment present wrapping party, cutting down a Christmas Tree, and of course CHRISTMAS MUSIC is all around the corner. (although my mom has been playing Christmas music since I last visited her...for the Tech Baylor Game....)
6. The bible study I go to just finished our book on Ruth last night. I LOVED IT! A few take aways: It has me thinking often about giving 100% when I don't feel like it and that it's ok to pray for 'willingness to be willing' if you are not at that place. It might sound crazy but it really does work! Also, I want the legacy I leave behind to be based on making the choices God wants and not what I think is best, or most economical or what the world would tell me is best.
7. Prayers needed for my sweet friend and old mission trip buddy, Laura McDonald and her beautiful 6 month old baby girl. Laura's husband Johnathan was killed this week while working as a police officer around Post. My heart so hurts for her and I literally have been thinking about her constantly. I just can't imagine what she is going through but I am so thankful that we know where Johnathan is and that God knows what she is going through and will carry her.
Monday, November 8, 2010
2. If you elect to take the shuttle to and fro a wedding reception and carry a very small clutch, do not let your husband bring your rent car keys. You will have a good time. BUT You will not remember to pick up your keys along with your clutch as you leave. And then next morning you will have to take a taxi back to the reception spot, break in because it is closed and shift through their trash in the dark because their light switches are crazy electronic ones. The chances of you finding them will be slim to none.
3. The cost for a taxi to wait for you to sift through trash is $35. The cost to replace the key to a 2009 Nissan versa is $375. plus towing. And a ‘lost key’ fee. Oh and then you have to take a taxi to the airport. For a grand total of a billion dollars.
4. Jay and I will now be making each others Christmas presents.
Nothing says style and holiday spirit like some Marshmallow Snowmen
Jay wants a new set of golf clubs. I'm he will see a real difference in his swing with these.
Thursday, November 4, 2010
1. Banana Love
6. Lovely People Piper Bootie
I have to say the main fad I am currently having trouble with (besides tights and open toe heels) is the Jeggins. Or as my husband would say 'Jeanageens'. I hear they are comfy so maybe I should give them a try but J HATES them. In his defense the first pair he saw were the tightest pants I have ever seen. He literally was freaking out cause he thought he was seeing one of those painted ladies they have at fancy Vegas shows and Playboy mansion parties....but we were at Thai Cottage. I had to continually assure him they were Jeggings. And that Jeggings are pants. And OH MY GOSH THEY ARE JEGGINS NOT JEANAGEENS JUST STOP TALKING HUSBAND.
I honestly thought the girl was stylish enough to kinda pull it off. You know the type, you would NEVER wear it but you could she how she thought it worked and clearly makes bold statements like this often. But they were to tight.
On our drive home Jay made me promise to never purchase a pair"Jeanageens" Little does he know that's impossible. CAUSE THAT'S NOT A REAL THING.