Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Peanut Butter Dip and a Cheese Ball (awesome tasting enough it should count)

Dip and I have a love hate relationship. I know hate and dip what? I just don't love anything too chunky or little green things in my food. Time and again I get to a party, have a big old dollop of dip on my plate and quietly work around the things in said dip I am unsure of. Then I get the comments and side eye from "friends". To them I say back off and try side dishes of the non little green things variety for once because I'm exhausted.


 
PEANUT BUTTER DIP
Blend 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 8 oz package of cream cheese together. You can add milk until desired creaminess.
Dipping with granny smith apples allows you to place this in the health food category for sure. 
 
This recipe is simple and got me through many a week while working at Pinecove Christian Camps in good ole Tyler, Texas.  Weekly bible study and my leaders peanut butter dip was my sanity. Not that being in charge of 8-10 8th grade girls non stop for 6 weeks straight would do that to a person . Or teaching sand volleyball from 1-4 in the afternoon. In the SUMMER. In EAST TEXAS.(Side note: if the children can still walk under the net, they will not be able to get the ball over the net.EVER). However, all of this helped me get to my lowest weight EVER. See, peanut butter dip=diet food.
 
CHEESE BALL (counts as dip because its awesome)
2pkg cream cheese
1pkg ranch seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup chopped pecans

*Let cream cheese soften then mix all ingredients together except pecans.
*Use wax paper to form into ball. Cover ball in pecans.
*Serve with chips, melba toast or whatever your heart desires!

Another simple recipe found via a bible study. Hallelujah, Amen.

In closing, it is imperative that you serve all items a side of guns....





Guns up for those Red Raiders that is!
 
 
Thanks and Wreck em',
 
The Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment